... AKA the Stuff of Dreams!
|Cheesecake-topped cookie? Cookie-based cheesecake?|
It's basically what it says in the title - indulgent chocolate cheesecake with a peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie base. The saltiness of the squidgy, chewy peanut butter cookie contrasts beautifully with the rich, tangy sweetness of the chocolatey cream cheese on top - Heaven!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie
100g gluten free plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
65g caster sugar
85g peanut butter
20ml olive oil
1 egg yolk
handful of dark chocolate (70%) chunks
1-2tbps milk, if needed
- Line a cake tin or baking tray with grease-proof paper, or use muffin cases for individual portions
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl
- Beat together the peanut butter, oil and about half the sugar in a bowl, then mix in the egg yolk
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined - add a tablespoon of milk if the mixture is too dry
- Spread to 1-2 cm thick on the tray/tin, and pop in the oven at 170°C for 5 minutes, while you make the cheesecake...
40g caster sugar
100g Lactofree cream cheese
45g dark chocolate (70%)
1 egg white
- Break the chocolate into a microwaveable dish and melt at low-medium power in the microwave, 20 seconds at a time
- Whisk the egg white and sugar with an electric whisk until thick and forming meringue-like peaks
- When the chocolate has melted, use the mixer to quickly combine it with the cream cheese
- Gently fold in the egg white
- Spread the cheescake mix over the half baked-cookie (leave a 1cm margin around the edge if the cookie doesn't meet the side of the tin) and bake for another 5-7 minutes at 170°C
- This is delicious warm from the oven, but I think it is best served chilled - After cooling, transfer to an airtight container, or a plate and cover in clingfilm, before putting it in the fridge.
|I tried out individual 'cheesecakies' in paper cases - they took a minute or so less to cook|